A is for Accenture
The A to Z of media relations
Supported by Unicepta
Tips from our media relations team of the year
Professional services group Accenture picked up the 2021 CorpComms Award for Best in-house team: media relations, so it seemed only appropriate that in our new A to Z of media relations initiative, supported by Unicepta, we asked corporate communications lead Andy Rowlands for the secret to its success. Here are his five tips for what makes a great media relations team.
- Be externally focused – know what makes a good news story and bring an outside-in perspective to your work
- Keep close to the business – know what your company wants to be known for and prioritise what matters most
- Relationships matter – with your team, your business stakeholders and journalists. Trust, respect and fun matter to them all.
- Tell great stories – create compelling stories that work for media. Words matter so remember that how you tell a good story is as important as having one to tell. Also, don’t be afraid to try new things to help you do this.
- Show your impact – report back your success, PR yourselves and use the insight captured to improve next time